And shockingly, yours truly isn't jumping up and down for joy.
I'll get to that.
HBO has announced that this years breakout hit 'Big Little Lies' starring Nicole Kidman & Reese Witherspoon, will be returning for a 2nd season.
At this years Emmy Awards, the show took home Outstanding Limited Series, Outstanding Lead Actress (Kidman), Outstanding Supporting Actor (Alexander Skarsgard), Outstanding Supporting Actress (Laura Dern) and Outstanding Directing (Jean-Marc Vallee).
As of right now, only Witherspoon and Kidman are confirmed to return, although reports are saying most of the cast will return as well.
Now, here comes my complaining.
This series was perfectly executed, featured stunning performances from everyone (okay, even Shailene Woodley was FINE), and delivered an outstanding (at what we thought at the time) finale.
So.......why do we need to possibly ruin everything with a 2nd season?!
That's not to say that it will be awful, but when something is that good, why does Hollywood feel the need to keep pedaling sequels/future seasons that should be left alone?
Also, here are some more thoughts:
1. Of course I'm still going to watch. Because.....well, obviously.
2. If Laura Dern doesn't return, I may not watch. (I probably still will)
3. Shailene wouldn't actually need to return. Her story is over.
4. One positive is that they can build off of the finale with Kidman's character of Celeste.
5. Again, I repeat.....WHY DO YOU HAVE TO FUCK WITH PERFECTION?!
And the final scene?
I don't need and/or want this 2nd season.
What do you guys think?