Such a tragic loss.
Chris Cornell's loss is still leaving shock waves throughout the music industry, and today, we learned more of what happened.
Chris was found in his Detroit hotel room, hanging in the bathroom. Now, we have learned the results of his toxicology report.
According to the report, Chris had:
Naloxone (Narcan), Butalbital (sedative), Lorazepam (Ativan), Pseudoephedrine (decongestant) and barbiturates in his system at the time of death. It appears Chris had taken 4 (1 mg) Lorazepam tablets.
Previous reports confirmed that Vicky had spoken to her husband about a half hour before his death, when she became alarmed by how he sounded. Fresh track marks were also found on Chris' arms.
Vicky has released a statement following the news:
"Many of us who know Chris well, noticed that he wasn’t himself during his final hours and that something was very off. We have learned from this report that several substances were found in his system. After so many years of sobriety, this moment of terrible judgement seems to have completely impaired and altered his state of mind."
"Something clearly went terribly wrong and my children and I are heartbroken and are devastated that this moment can never be taken back. We very much appreciate all of the love we have received during this extremely difficult time and are dedicated to helping others in preventing this type of tragedy.”