Wednesday, 8 February 2017

Is James Corden Gunning For Stephen Colbert's 'Late Show' Gig???


Let's debunk this rumor NOW.

Rumors have been swirling for months now, that 'Late, Late Show' and 'Carpool Karaoke' host James Corden is looking to bump up his schedule, eyeing Stephen Colbert's 'Late Show'.

While CBS CEO Les Moonves had previously shot down the rumors, they persisted, and now Corden is addressing them himself in the newest issue of 'Esquire'.

“It just seems sort of silly to me. I really love him,”

“So I always find it slightly embarrassing. I really don’t think there’s any substantial evidence at all. I really don’t think it exists.”

“The only time I get really like, ‘What are you talking about?’ is when anyone will talk about time slots. Which is like telling the time with a sundial. Just the very notion of a television schedule for a show like this is absurd to me,” he continued. “I got really cross when we did that ‘Carpool’ with Adele and someone wrote, ‘How did a 12:30 talk-show host get Adele?’ And I’m like, ‘What world are you living in?’ That clip has been viewed 129 million times. Those are Super Bowl numbers.”

For what it's worth, for the first time since taking over the show from David Lettermen, Colbert BEAT Jimmy Fallon in the late night ratings competition last week. 

He ain't going ANYWHERE. 

No comments:

Post a Comment