Thursday, 9 February 2017

Aretha Franklin Announces Retirement & Final Album


The queen of soul is calling it a career.

Aretha Franklin has announced that her upcoming album will be her last, as the legendary diva has announced her retirement.

The 74 year old spoke with a Detroit radio station saying:

“I must tell you, I am retiring this year….This will be my last year. I will be recording, but this will be my last year in concert. This is it,” adding she will do “some select things…one a month, for six months out of the year.”

She then spoke about working on her final album: 

“Of course, several of the songs are going to be produced by Stevie [Wonder], and of course there’s only one Stevie, right? It’s kind of multi-[directional]. We’re not pigeonholed to any one thing,”

All hail the QUEEN of soul. 

No comments:

Post a Comment