Thursday, 22 December 2016

Lena Dunham Issues Apology After Abortion Comment


This woman could write a damn book with just apologies.

Seriously.

Following her disgusting comment regarding abortion, Lena Dunham has issued an apology after coming under fire. The actress made the comment about "wishing she had had an abortion", while participating in a podcast with other women.

I'm not even sure this apology is enough:

I truly hope a distasteful joke on my part won’t diminish the amazing work of all the women who participated. My words were spoken from a sort of “delusional girl” persona I often inhabit, a girl who careens between wisdom and ignorance (that’s what my TV show is too) and it didn’t translate. That’s my fault. I would never, ever intentionally trivialize the emotional and physical challenges of terminating a pregnancy.”


No comments:

Post a Comment