Saturday, 3 December 2016

'Last Tango In Paris' Bombshell: Director Bernardo BertoLucci Reveals Rape Scene Not Consensual


This is horrific.

In an interview from 2013 that has just surfaced, director Bernardo Bertolucci reveals that his infamous rape scene from his film 'Last Tango in Paris' was actually non-consensual.

The scene, between the late Maria Schneider and the late Marlon Brando, saw Brando's character sexually assault Schneider's character. The horrific part of it all, was that Schneider was NOT informed of what would happen.

Both Brando and Bertolucci were aware of the impending scene, but Maria was kept in the dark until shooting, and when it began.

Brando was 48 at the time, Schneider was only 19.

In the interview, Bertolucci said:

The sequence of the butter is an idea that I had with Marlon in the morning before shooting,” 

“But, I’d been in a way, horrible to Maria, because I didn’t tell her what was going on. Because I wanted her reaction as a girl, not as an actress.

“I wanted her to react humiliated,” he said. “I think she hated me and also Marlon because we didn’t tell her that detail of the butter used as a lubricant. I feel very guilty for that.”

“To obtain something I think you have to be completely free,” he said. “I didn’t want Maria to act her humiliation her rage, I wanted her to Maria to feel…the rage and humiliation. Then she hated me for all of her life.”


Celebs have now flocked to social media to BLAST the director and the late Brando: 






No comments:

Post a Comment