Tuesday, 6 December 2016

Country Legend Naomi Judd Opens Up: Talks Mental Illness & Estrangement From Wynonna


This is heartbreaking.

County legend Naomi Judd is going public with some very personal demons in her life, speaking with Robin Roberts of 'Good Morning America'.

Naomi made the decision years ago, to stay out of the public eye, but is now coming forward.

She reveals to Robin:

 “What I’ve been through is extreme. My final diagnosis was severe depression,” 

“Treatment resistant because they tried me on every single thing they had in their arsenal. It really felt like, if I live through this I want someone to be able to see that they can survive.”

Speaking of her rise to fame alongside daughter Wynonna as The Judds, Naomi further explained: 

“They see me in rhinestones, you know, with glitter in my hair, that really is who I am,” she said. “But then I would come home and not leave the house for three weeks, and not get out of my pajamas, and not practice normal hygiene. It was really bad.”

She continued that she's spent several stints in psychiatric wards, and on many different medications over the years. She attributes these things as the causes for her hands to shake, and her face to "swell up like a balloon". 

 What's further alarming, is the estrangement it's all caused with Wynonna. She explained the two were currently on a "break":

“Through the decades, we kind of grew up together and I’m always telling her, ‘If I’d known better I would’ve done better,’ 

“Wy bore the brunt of all of the mistakes I made and we talk about ’em. We’ve been through a lot of therapy together.” 

“I love her but there are just times we need a break from each other,” 

 “We’re still a little estranged from each other. And that happens with mother, daughters. If she sees this, and I hope she does, ’cause the smartest thing is for all of us to feel known, no matter what’s goin’ on. Be truthful. I think she’ll say, ‘Good for you, Mom, for finally being willing to talk about the bad stuff.'”

Check out the powerful interview HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment