Saturday, 5 November 2016

Alicia Keys Refuses To Let Her Children Watch 'Snow White': "Sexist" And "Misogynistic"


Um......maybe this is a tad harsh?

During an interview with 'The Edit' magazine, Alicia Keys voiced her displeasure over the Disney classic 'Snow White'....

And why she doesn't allow her two sons to watch it!!

Alicia said:

“They say that every child learns from their mother – and it’s ingrained from babyhood,” 

“I get real funky about the classics; I don’t like [my sons] watching [the original Snow White]. It’s totally sexist, misogynistic – she’s cleaning for seven dwarfs.”

“There’s nothing wrong with a woman who chooses to stay at home with her family, it’s a hard-ass job, but it’s the way it’s spoken about,” 

“For the first time, I’m recognizing how art, activism, socially what we’re going through, all go together,” 

“For the longest time I thought it was all separate.”

All I've got is this:


No comments:

Post a Comment