Monday, 7 March 2016

'RuPaul's Drag Race' Season 8 Premiere: First Thoughts


WHAT. A. PREMIERE.

Can we agree?!

Yours truly is going to stray from full recap and just mention some thoughts, some highs, lows, and general feeling towards this new batch of queens.

For starters, let's just say season 7 is an afterthought and season 8 is already KILLING it!!

The girls are already more likable (for the most part), and there is substance rather than having it shoved down our throats. Early favorites for yours truly include Bob the Drag Queen, Acid Betty, Thorgy Thor and Kim Chi. Derrick Barry, while HIGHLY impressing me in the first challenge, needs to give me more (MORE).

Love me a Britney reference.

By the way, that opening challenge with the previous winners was AMAZING, and then the runway with former queens gave me life.

I SEE YOU RAVEN!!!

Now onto how I feel about the others:

I don't particularly see Naomi, Robbie or Cynthia lasting very long, and Chi Chi really surprised me. I don't think she's as naive as we;re being led to believe.

Laila could be a strong contender if she figures out her niche and comes out of her shell.

Dax is the wildcard for me.

Runway verdict:

Dax - Forgettable
Derrick - Cute
Bob - Safe (Right Ru?)
Thorgy - Surprised me, loved the outfit
Acid Betty - Fierce
Kim Chi - Brilliant (minus the walk)
Naysha - Unflattering
Laila - Loved it, but something was missing
Robbie - Tragic
Cynthia - She HAMMERED that challenge
Chi Chi - Somehow turned it out
Naomi - Not feeling the boy chest

This season has a LOT of promise, and I'm looking forward to seeing it all play out.

What did you guys think?

Early favorites?

Stand outs?


No comments:

Post a Comment