Sunday, 14 February 2016

'American Idol' Alum Rayvon Owen Embraces Sexuality With Debut Single 'Can't Fight It'


GOOD FOR HIM!!

Rayvon Owen placed 4th on last season of 'American Idol', and now he's just released his first music video for debut single 'Can't Fight It'.

He has also revealed exclusively in an interview Billboard, how he needed to be honest when he read the first draft of the video. The original outline for the concept, would see Rayon leave a club with a beautiful woman.

“When I read that treatment, I knew I couldn’t be dishonest," 

 "not that I ever lied to people in the past, but the truth had been omitted. I felt like I was doing a disservice because I’ve always been an honest, loving person.”

The ending was changed.....in which Owen kisses a man. 

Rayvon opened up about his decision to go public as a gay man:

“First I had to become comfortable with myself and who I am as a person. For the longest time I kept that part of my life separate, away from music, away from a lot of things. As I was growing as an artist, I realized I was missing out on so much of my artistry by not connecting the two. It’s easy to ignore when there are only a few thousand people who are fans and know who you are, but after Idol millions of people know me and I’m much more public.

Check out the video below:



Bravo Rayvon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment