Wednesday, 3 October 2012

"Saved By The Bell" Alum Lark Voorhies Battling Bipolar Disorder??


Ugh....

The world knows Lark Voorhies as the incomparable Lisa Turtle on the classic "Saved By The Bell", and she's managed for the most part, to stay out of the spotlight since the show ended.

She is back in the spotlight however, as her mother has come forward and told People magazine that her daughter has been diagnosed with bipolar disorder.

The magazine conducted a number of interviews with the actress, and they claimed she would occasionally stop mid-sentence and gaze off, all the while be mumbling to herself. The magazine became concerned and contacted her mother.

Her mother stated to People:

"There are things that have traumatized her," says Tricia, 64, who shares a home with her daughter in Pasadena, Calif. "I care deeply about my daughter and I want her to resume her life." 

Lark commented back, saying her "over loving" mother worries too much about her, and that she is fine. When the magazine questioned Lark about the interviews, she simply stated:

"I have a strong spiritual sense," she says. "You caught me in moments of pray [sic]."

Wow.

Well, I don't think her mother would make a presumption to a magazine like that.....but who knows.

Whatever the reason behind all of this, I wish Lark well.






No comments:

Post a Comment